Many dairy farms are expanding and adding cows to their operations requiring employees to be hired who can provide skills to complete the many tasks associated with the various aspects of the dairy operation. Some of these workers have very little or no training and may speak another language (predominantly Spanish). University-based materials in both English and Spanish addressing specific dairy skills on the farm are limited. Focusing on these needs, the UWEX Dairy Team “Dairy Workers Training Modules” Development Team, created four modules to help train and improve the skills of dairy workers: Milking Skills, Reproductive Skills, Calf Management Skills, and Herdsmanship Skills.
For more information regarding the Dairy Workers’ Training Module Series, please visit the The Learning Store.
- “Dairy Partner/El Companero” Dairy Workers Newsletter (in English and Spanish)
- 2007 Dairy Workers’ Survey
- •”Sheboygan Hispanic/Latino Task Force’s 2008-2009 Hispanic Resource Directory”
- Penn State Agriculture Safety & Health
- UWEX Agricultural Safety & Health